Monday, September 12, 2016

Current Favorites // 012

I apologize.
I have been back on campus for a few weeks now and things around here are a little hectic. I'm still trying to organize my life with upcoming career fairs, classes, old clubs, new clubs, and a social life. So again I apologize in advance if blog posts aren't as frequent as they used to be (but I'm trying my best!). This weekend was basically just catching up with homework (because I have a LOT!) and catching up with blogging.

Favorite Song

Because it's been a while, I actually have a couple of songs I've been crushing on. The first one is 1000 Nights by Frenship which released just a few days ago. This song is very catchy and definitely a song that I can see playing on the radio soon. I highly recommend you give it a listen before it becomes mainstream.


And speaking of mainstream, I don't know why I just added this to my iTunes music. I have heard this song and I've always loved it, but for some reason this song always slipped my mind. As it has over 40 million views on YouTube, I am pretty sure that you have heard the song but, nonetheless, it deserves a mention. Never Be Like You by Flume featuring Kai is amazing. The chorus with the beat drop is so cool. You've most likely already heard this; do I even need to include this video?


Favorite Activity

I'm actually not sure if I ever mentioned this, but I am super passionate about coding. When I'm not doing the typical (school) work, socializing, or watching TV, you can find me coding. More specifically, coding webpages. I LOVE it! I love the structure and a guideline of developing a stunning website, but I love how it allows me to be creative in my own medium. Given a blank canvas and some paint, I have no idea what to do. But told to creative a website is really where I shine. I have been expanding my horizons these past few weeks and I have rediscovered online resources that teach code. My favorite website is Codecademy. They make it super easy to understand and their classes are very widespread. There are so many other options out there that teach coding like Udemy, Treehouse, Udacity, and Coursera, but my favorite is Codecademy. The other websites are usually paid courses, but a large part of Codecademy is free! Of course you can upgrade to have access to more resources, but I still find myself learning so much with a free account. In addition, I have recently downloaded the app, Swifty, on my phone too. I am extremely passionate about code, and one thing I know for sure is that I ideally would love to go on and pursue a career in this field.

Favorite Clothing

More like shoes. I don't think I have done a Trending Tuesday post on them, but the slip-on trend is my favorite. A chicer version of a traditional sneaker. I have some black Vans and a blue pair from Steve Madden. I will say that breaking the two in was a pain! literally! The Vans that I bought, I still haven't completely broken them in. The Steve Madden pair is a recent purchase so it's understandable that they tore up my feet. We'll see how more wear changes the comfort level but, do you have any recommendations for comfortable slip-ons? I love the look of them but after wearing slip-ons, I feel like the only shoe I can wear after are sandals.

No comments:

Post a Comment